• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Explore folder from photoshop using javascript

Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created PS script which read some data from xml which is placed on local server. Problem occcures every time i turn off/restart my computer, then i lost connection with that folder and script is not usefull until i manualy explore the mentioned folder. Is it posible to explore that folder as a part of scipt if i know full path of that xml?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

@milevic wrote:

its a MAC OS

Then you can go to System Prefs > Users & Groups > Login Items and add the mounted volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the answer in Mike's like, I always used the forward slash when referencing a path on my computer or on a server. I also made sure I mapped the network drive with a drive letter. Never had an issue with it, and I had some scripts that referred to XML files on the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already forward slash :'-( maybe it is something with network permissions, i just want to share experience and to exclude human mistake. If someone have some more idea, its welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Windows OS (you didn't say), map the server to a local drive letter as suggested by Chuck, ensuring that you tick "reconnect at login" when mapping the drive so that it automatically mounts each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a MAC OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A remote drive must be mounted and available to access in any app. Make sure it is available before you run your script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@milevic wrote:

its a MAC OS

Then you can go to System Prefs > Users & Groups > Login Items and add the mounted volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a good hint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines