• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exploring the Photoshop Landscape Mixer Filter.

Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Landscape mixer is one of the greatest features in Adobe Photoshop 2022.
In this video, I'm trying to explore and explain this great filter:

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have watched several videos, including this one, that show images that come out relatively believable while the poster gushes over how fantastic the landscape mixer is.  I have tried it on a number of images, and all of them come out looking awful.  Most of them end up with horrible artifacts, the images get smeared almost like an impressionist painting, and the colors and textures are not in the least bit realistic.  I have even downloaded the original stock images that were used in some of the videos and did the same exact steps as done in the videos, with results that don't look at all acceptable - even though the videos show nice results.  I would assume I would get the same if I tried the images that are in this video.  I'm not sure how anyone is getting good results with this.  I have attached a representative sample that is similar to one of the photos in the video.  

Maybe I am missing something, or that I have a setting that isn't right, but from the video it looks as though nothing special has to be done to get "stunning" results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an Adone beta filter it include a feedback feature you should use to give Adobe your feedback.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course, I have done this with all of the images that I tried it on.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you have done what can be done.  Adobe is still working on that filter.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @JJMack 
But can I ask about your PC specifications? What about your GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you agree with JJMack.  I found his posts to be fatuous and unhelpful.  Not sure why he responded at all.

I was simply stating that I hadn't been able to get the results that Adobe is showing, even with the same images and settings.  I understand that this is beta; however, I would think it should work the same, given the same images and same settings, as the videos that are posted as to the "great effect" that is achieved with the filters.  I was merely asking if there was a trick to make it work, that wasn't obvious from the video.

As for my system.  I am running on a 2020 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 32 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536MB.

I haven't tried the feature since the original post, nearly two months ago.  So, I don't know whether or not it has improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to reproduce similar results as shown in this post with the Landscape Mixer...

I found the key is really to experiment and adjust the sliders (one or more of them) to your liking, particularly the Strength slider. Even a little change can make a big difference.

It's easy to go back using the Undo keyboard shortcut, or the "Reset parameters" control in the upper right.

If still no luck, then try disabling GPU hardware acceleration in Photoshop.

Landscape Mixer is indeed in beta, but still the results I've gotten are impressive and not easily possible without this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines