Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export as for multiple files?

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarkusEker_0-1656925267713.png

How can I use Export as on multiple files?

On the left hand side there is a checkbox for Select All and a checkbox for one file, indicating that maybe I can export several images, but I can find a way to do it (or find anything about it in the documentation?

Export documents, layers, and artboards in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Also If I try to record an action "export as" is not recorded

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. "Select all"elect all sizes options but not other files.

And "export as" can never be recorded by an action… You should report this as a bug.

Maybe you could give a try to script > image processor; it is limited to some file formats (not png!) but could help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@didiermazier wrote:

And "export as" can never be recorded by an action… You should report this as a bug.

Adobe know about it, t's not a bug, it's a current design limitation "to do" list item for a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MarkusEker 

One can export multiple layers in multiple sizes and formats, from a single document/file.

It is possible to use a script to layer separate files into a single multi-layered file, then manually use Export As by highlighting/selecting all layers in the layers panel and then right-clicking them.

1-exportas.png

2-exportas.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so it is possible to export layers as files, but not multiple documents. Thanks for clearing up!

(BTW, I ended up using Bridge to export my images). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right! Bridge export is OK with nice functions like fine resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. In fact "Select all" is meant to export several artboards at the same time.

So maybe instead of creating documents you could work on various artboards that could be exported together (and with distinct res and sizes…).

This would be interesting when working on stationary designs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@didiermazier  Aha, that makes sense since that is the same functionality as in Illustrators export for screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines