• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Data Set to import into another PSD

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set up a data set in one file and have made a second version of that file. Unfortunately the data set did not copy over so I was curious if there is a way to export the data set from the original file and import that into the new file. All the data was originally created in photoshop and not imported so I don't have a csv or txt file.

Is this possible? Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried File > Duplicate and the variables carried over. How did you make the second version?

You could save as or duplicate the original document to retain the variables and remove unwanted content and update with new content as necessary.

If the variables are gone, they are gone!

I am not aware of any way to save data – apart from the actual result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate Image in PS or Duplicate (copy) Mac Finder carries over all the info found in File>File Info... What are you missing? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I did. But the data set was gone. I've rebuilt the variables but I still would like to to know if it's possible to export out the data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just testing and data sets created in Photoshop are carried with each export of data sets to files. What exactly you did, can you describe us process? Can you check files exported using File > Export > Data Sets as Files?

I am not aware of option to export data sets, there is only Import button. Perhaps script can do the trick @Stephen_A_Marsh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bojan Živković 

I don't know if scripting can access the variable data stored in the PSD.

If there was no external data source file, then some of the data could be mined from the output files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
test reply from email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines