Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export file more then 14GB

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. 

im creating a image of 8 meters x 8 meters on photoshop and id like to know how can i export to print that...

the file has 200 dpi and it says 14GB... and exporting to tiff is more then 4GB so i cant...

i dont know how can i do that.

anyone can help me? thanks a lot

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very unlikely you need 200 ppi. What do the print shop suggest for an 8 x 8 metre design? What is the viewing distance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey. 

well... i dont know. this is a scenario for a dance piece. and they want to print this image (8m x 8m) but the dance company just said to do design it and they will see the printer after. do, i dont know exaclty how many ppi i need. i put 200 just be default. this design is just black and white. like grid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably have to tile the image to get it through the RIP. PSB format should work to save but I doubt that it will print as-is, most large format printers can't do 8' wide anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is too large, but if you've already done the work, keep the detail. Deliver the PSB, and make a copy reduced to MAYBE 20 ppi or 10 ppi JPEG to save for the client to read on screen.

If you haven't started yet, then don't do it at 200 ppi. I'm guessing this is to hang on a stage behind a performance - the audience will be at least 6 metres away, maybe much more (if the stage is 8 metres high). Someone here can suggest the formula for correct resolution. Seek detail by asking: closest audience distance from your client; lighting conditions etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

40-50 ppi is more than enough here.

There is never, ever, any need for 62992 x 62992 pixels. Not in any situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines