• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export for Web Legacy is not allowing file to export at 100% of size?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...

I have a file that is 1200 px wide and 9100 px high.

In both image size and canvas size the size is correct.

When I go to export for web legacy, it will not allow me to export at 100% of size (rather 89%).

No matter what I try, I can't seem to hold the actual size?

Hss anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks!

babs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As far as I'm aware there's a limitation with Save for Web of 8190px, you could try Export As instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Yes, we have started to use the Export As for the problem ones, but we have many this size and its only a random few that are giving us grief? So, its very odd??

Babs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ged says: Save For Web is limited to 8190 pixels. So 9100 is simply above the size limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy Save For Web is outdated.  I stopped using it a while back.   Export > Export As is better for a lot of reasons.

iBabs2  wrote

I have a file that is 1200 px wide and 9100 px high.

9100 pixels is enormous for the web.  Why so big?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An 8K displays in Portrait orientation can display a portrait that  is 7680 pixels in height  your image will not fit on that 33MP display.  Why should save for web save images larger then a web device can display? Why do you want to waste network bandwidth?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're asking me?

I'm asking the OP,  why so big?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy I know you know better I was just positioned in these thread wrong you also know how jive works not always the same seems to have two view for threads.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Preparing newsletters for client, 600 px wide and sometimes too high (header, up to 15 product boxes with not same height, different backgrounds and with wave separators - so they must be in one document - not artboards, legal info at bottom, all in slices for links to these products). I do not like this thing, not my idea... When ready, i cut this long document in half, "export for web" top half slices, then undo, cut to bottom half and export the rest (and then rename this part to have continuous numbering).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's why I build e-mail newsletters with HTML and inline CSS code.  Owing to security blocking, half the people never see images anyway unless they go directly to your website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines