Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always save my GIFS 
-File
-Export
-Save for Web (Legacy)

I'm continuing to get an error message. I have the most updated version of Photoshop. Not sure why I'm getting an error all of a sudden. I tried restarting my computer, still getting the error. 

My workaround is rendering video and saving as a .mov but I'd like to fix the error issue. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Hey Cory, Thanks so much for your help. My friend actually found the proble. I have Dropbox Backup running on my mac and apparently Adobe and Dropbox are not compatible. My gifs are saving like normal now that my online backup isn't running. 

Something for Adobe to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TinyHousePhoto sorry to hear you are having issues.  Could you share a screenshot of what you are trying to do when you get this error? What is your workflow that you are doing when you see the error?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot attached. I tried to include it in my post, but the file type
was not accepted.
I tried changing it to a JPEG and that didn't work either.

Have a wonderful day!

Stephanie Lynn Warga
Tiny House Photo <>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no screen shot, sorry. Did you try to attach to an email? That won't work. You have to attach it as a forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you could tell us what it says. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "Adobe save for web error"
Could not complete this operation. A write permissions error has ocurred. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...

1. What is your exact version of Photoshop (numbers, please, not "latest" or "updated")

2. What is your operating system

3. Exactly where are you trying to save these GIF files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Montery version 12.5
I save them to my external harddrive 

I've been doing it the same way for the last five years and all of a sudden I'm getting this erorr. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TinyHousePhoto curious if you get the same error when saving to the local machine HD?  If you eject the external HD and then plug it back in, do you get the same error with this workflow?  What is your external HD device brand/model?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/save-for-web-error-mac-os-catalina/td...

apparently I'm not the only one having this issue. 

I've tried saving to my external, my desktop, my documents. I really hope Adobe can fix this bug because Photographers are struggling with social media and having to provide "video" now and not being able to make gifs is REALLY FRUSTRATING. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do with the External Harddive. There's 3TB available storage on it (it's a 4TB harddrive). 

Like I said, I've been making gifs and saving them the same way for the last five years and all of a sudden last week I'm unable to save them. Nothing on my computer or external has changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TinyHousePhoto , would you be able to share a file that the team could test that is giving you this error?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Cory, Thanks so much for your help. My friend actually found the proble. I have Dropbox Backup running on my mac and apparently Adobe and Dropbox are not compatible. My gifs are saving like normal now that my online backup isn't running. 

Something for Adobe to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines