Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export issues - colour technical problem

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I finish my work in TIFF extention and export it to JPGE extetion the colour of the photo is utterlly different from the original. I have sent the same file to I friend to export from his computer but he has the same problem doing it. Can one of you help me?

Take care,

Fernando. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, show us a screenshot of your work so we can help you...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

* Atenciosamente,*

* Fernando Ferreira Leite *

(Personal information removed by moderator - please do not post personal info in this public forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To attach images you need to visit the forum - not reply by email.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FernandoFerreiraLeite_0-1653583339271.pngFernandoFerreiraLeite_1-1653583398181.png

Hi, Dave.

As you can see the colour of the image modify significantly and it never happened before. Also the settings are the same as always. It doens't make sense. 

Tanks,

Fernando. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image is all noise. You must view at 100% to get an accurate preview.

100% means that one image pixel is represented by exactly one physical screen pixel.

All adjustment/blending previews are calculated based on what you see on screen. Zoomed out, that's a resampled and softened version, which means that all those different pixel values are averaged out. In other words, the calculations are performed on false pixel values.

It's done this way for performance reasons. In a "normal" photograph it doesn't matter, but it becomes essential for very noisy or binary images with sharp pixel transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is intentionally noise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that, I'm trying to explain why you see what you see.

You're probably getting a lot of gamut clipping here, if this is converted from something else to sRGB. But you need to check at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understood now. Thank you for your help.

Take care,

Fernando. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of questions.

1. When you export do you convert to sRGB and Embed the colour profile. You should do both.

2. When you view the exported file are you viewing in a colour managed application. If you are and you did step 1 then it should look the same. If you are not using a colour managed application to view then all bets are off.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You export to JPEG and then view it where? It should and will match the original in all color managed applications if you've embedded the color space into the document. Non color managed applications, not going to match. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines