• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Problem

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything but I still loose contrast when exporting.

Convert to sRGB and embed color profile is selected.

On the left is PS, on the right is after export.

It has less contrast and also less saturation.

What do I do wrong?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, srgb iec61966-2.1 is selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what application are you viewing the exported image that isn't matching Photoshop? 

Are you working on a wide gamut display and, what's the RGB color space of the Photoshop document before you export it? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I view in in the normal Mac preview window.

What is even weirder is that when I take a screenshot from my PS it shows up correctly once I open it through the Mac preview.

I work on a 2015 Mac Book Pro so a normal Retina Display.

srgb iec61966-2.1 is selected

sry if I sound a bit like a noob but I'm definetly not a pro 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview is color managed so that's good. But you do have a wide gamut display. IF the original you view in Photoshop is in a wider gamut than sRGB (say Adobe RGB (1998)) this would explain the slight difference I see that you've provided. In Photoshop, if you soft proof (or convert the original) to sRGB, does it change color and now match the exported image in Preview? Also, you should view all this at the same zoom ratio in differing applications and at 1:1 (100% zoom) whenever you compare the two. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you try "save as" rather than export, of course, embed the ICC profile 

be sure to view the images in a colour-managed application [I'd view both in Photoshop to rule out a Preview issue] - ideally working on a properly calibrated and profiled display

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines