• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export PSD to PDF and retain text

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that you can export a PSD to PDF by printing the document with something like NovaPDF, however, doing so will result in a PDF that has no text - it appears the text has been rasterized and the PDF document is just a series of images. Is there a way to export a PSD to a PDF and retain the text blocks?  This would be very helpful in that the PDF can be indexed, or so that the Find feature works on the document in Adobe Reader.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

you're overcomplicating things, just use File->Save As

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're overcomplicating things, just use File->Save As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe I didn't see the PDF option in the Save-As dialog.....I'm such an idiot!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry. On some versions, it's not that easy to spot. Most Save_As will have Photoshop PSD at the top, then drop down alphabetically, so that Photoshop PDF is amongst the "P's." Sometimes I have to squint to see it and have paniced, when I could not initially find it tucked away.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I'm battling. I "save as" pdf, but with Photoshop CS5 the PDF has no setting for embedded fonts. So the PDF reads out as a single image. I need the text to be active in PDF file. Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you find a solution ? I'm struggling with rasterized text as well when exported to PDF and I need it to be able to be selected and copy-pasted easily from any PDF reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines