• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to PDF with Photoshop on iPad?

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not possible to save as a PDF with Photoshop iPad?

Literally might be the only reason I need a Mac instead of iPad only...

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sciulli999 

Here are the formats you can export to from Photoshop for iPad:

PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF

9275964F-2730-4FEC-B973-011D814E4EEB.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uggggh. Have the developers said this is something they are working on? Even though PS iPad is pretty limited compared to the desktop version, I think this is the one sticking point where I'll still need a full computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post as a feature request.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that within the PS iPad app? Or somewhere in here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sciulli999 

To post a feature request, start a new post in this forum and tag it a "Ideas" instead of "Discussions". If it gets added (I hope it does!) then it won't be instantaneous, so see the longer post I just researched and wrote.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sciulli999 

On a whim I opened Adobe Acrobat Reader for iPad and (I think) I chose "Browse for more files". Then I picked a jpeg from my files folder.

1. You can see at the bottom that there is a button to "Create PDF", so I clicked it.

DDC51A4F-5DA5-44E5-B778-4F05915777E3.jpeg

2. Soon I got "Creating PDF" and was hopeful.

39BC9163-480C-4970-B840-76E610BEC4A1.jpeg

3. Finally I got a message that the PDF was created and I opened it in Adobe Acrobat Reader for iPad. I only tried JPEG, but was happy to see that I could make the PDF from my iPad.

F17111EB-FD01-4704-B166-B62606CA0DC1.jpeg

I have the full Creative Cloud with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro that includes features for the free Acrobat Reader for iPad. If you don't have Acrobat, you can purchase a subscription for these features separately for Reader through the App Store.

Here's what I have in my settings under "Subscriptions" panel:

6656AE2A-F981-47CC-AFB0-EB41A13CACAA.jpeg

Here is the link for more info. There is a 7-day free trial that you can cancel if it doesn't work for you.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/managingsubscriptions.html

Read through all the links about create, export, edit, etc.

6FADAFD1-655C-47A9-BC73-1F5F14F6EEEC.jpeg

Remember that when you purchase from the App Store, you are purchasing from Apple — not Adobe — in case you have billing questions.

I hope this helps,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into that.

I do have free Acrobat on my iPad and could try this method with a PSD. Problem is though I have multiple multilayered PSD files that I need to make PDFs of, so I don't think this method would work. I would need to save out many hundreds of PSD files with the individual layers as their own PSD if this is the only way to do it. 

I'll try doing the gesture request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, Photoshop layers are not supported when saved as "Photoshop PDF" in the desktop versions of the applications either. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just meant I have a PSD with 100 layers (for example) and I'll often have to hide 99 layers with 1 visible and then save that out as a PDF. 

not possible on iPad of PDF isn't an export option. Need PDF for print purposes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines