Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Hard Drive not showing up in Scratch Disk options

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all - 

I've been using Photoshop CC on my Macbook Air for a while now. My system is a 2017 Air running Big Sur (11.3.1). up until today I've had minimal issue setting my WD external hard drive as my scratch disk. Today it just wouldn't show up in my options for selecting a scratch disk - and because my computer is running really low on space (<3G), I can't open PS to troubleshoot from the inside. I've reset the settings using Shift+Command+Option, and I've checked that my external is running MacOS extended (journal), and it still won't work. I'm a bit at wits end over here - any help would be greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restarting your mac and changing the  USB port ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've tried both ports - neither seem to show up for PS. the external shows up in Finder though - I can access my files, I just can't load anything into PS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Damaged preferences, maybe? Did you try resetting them?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

(Take note this will nuke all preferences; you'll have to reset everything to the way you had them before.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines