• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Hard Drive Space Error - Mimics Startup Drive (Scratch Disk)

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this issue (Macbook)?

I have my external harddrive showing up in my scratch disk options, but there should be over 104 gigs available. For some reason, photoshop is making my external drive's available space mimic my startup drive's available space. Which literally defeats the purpose. My external drive should give me plenty of scratch disk space.

Please see image below. I've been dealing with this issue for a few months now. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 12.18.21.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same I have this problem. Can anyone help!

I have deleted all cache files and used diffrent drives and uninstalled photoshop but still have the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines