• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra transparent pixel when resizing canvas & when exporting from Illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having two main issues with Photoshop.

Photoshop version: Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.2.0 20230218.r.315 28c9f72 x64

PC version: Windows 10 Pro

Issue one is that Photoshop adds a transparent px when resizing the files. This is not visible to the eye and inside photoshop it does not appear as if there is any transparency, but when uploading the file in the coding software the lowest layer becomes visible. Is there a way to solve or overcome this issue? 

The second issue emerges when exporting as a .psd file from illustrator, the .psd file has 1px more in width and height (I added the walkthrough and screenshots below).

Step 1: open a new canvas in AI, place the icon on the canvas, and size it accordingly to the icon (e.g. 27x45)

ai1.JPG

Step 2: export > export as.. > type: photoshop (use artboards selected) > setting as follows

ps1.JPG

Step 3: open the .psd file in photoshop and the size is now different (28x46). An exrta pixel has been added 

ps2.JPG

ps3.JPG

This has caused many issues, especially when creating gifs, as the steps in the animation end up moving even so slightly by one pixel left or right when exporting the files from AI to photoshop.

I would be very grateful if anyone had any insight on these two topics.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Hi @ACRossi in Illustrator are you using Pixel Perfect workflows?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/pixel-perfect.html

If not - AI is adjusing/adding a pixel due to your artwork not being aligned to a single pixel grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ACRossi what are your View>Snap To settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ACRossi in Illustrator are you using Pixel Perfect workflows?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/pixel-perfect.html

If not - AI is adjusing/adding a pixel due to your artwork not being aligned to a single pixel grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer, thank you for your suggestion!

I didn't know about this workflow. With these settings, the additional pixel is not present anymore when exporting from AI to PS, and it should also avoid the need for resizing the file in photoshop as an extra step that also caused issues within the file.

I will have to discuss this with the developers' team to see if this process fixed the first issue (of the lower layer visible which created an unwanted border to appear in the software), but hopefully, this fixed the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines