• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme lag after new update to PS 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems after the new update to 2022 my program is running annoyingly slow. My computer is more than capable of handeling large file sizes. Program load times have increased, and now my files are taking more than 10 seconds to load. When I plant a pen point to make a shape I have to wait forever until I can plant a new one. Is this a new issues, should I roll back PS to an earlier version?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, the above should read "I'm currently rolled back to 21.x"

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your  'if you're  reading this...' is very annoying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chipping in to say I've rolled back, noticed that there was horrible lag on brush smoothing and, crucially, the Info Panel no longer updates in realtime, only when my cursor stops. This makes image analysis completely impossible.

Every release seems to get worse and worse - You'd think a 4Ghz i9 with 64Gb RAM would have no problem, but here we are.

PS info here:  https://pastebin.com/ypDYZhat 

Monitor doesn't have GSync, even if it did, games that require a mountain more CPU and GPU than photoshop manage to run at 120fps with it enabled 😉

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum:

I thought I'd measure CPU utilisation when just waving a brush around the canvas without drawing anything, just moving the cursor. i9 9900K @ 3.6Ghz, 64Gb RAM

23.0.1- 12.1%  Info panel unusable

22.5.3 -  6.2%  Info panel near-realtime

22.0.0 - 6%  Info panel realtime

The info panel still isn't realtime in 22.5.3 but the lag is sufferable. In 23.0.1 its unsuable. Interestingly in 22.0.0 the CPU utilisation remains the same/similar but the figures in the info panel update in realtime.

Adobe, every release gets worse, literally. I've been using this software forever, training people in it and recommending it. It's becomming impossible both to use and to recommend.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum 2:

I have crawled through every entry in the "Optimising Performance" post on Adobe's website, prefs, drivers, etc.

Partial solution? Turn off the ruler. 'm still getting UI flashes and terrible performance in general compared to v21/CS6 but it's at least better than it was.

Aparrently It takes 10% of an i9-9900K to render the ruler.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on an Imac Pro - before this update I could handle anything in photoshop.  Now everything is delayed - the file takes forever to save as well.  This is the worst ps update in a long time for performance - borderline unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in 2022 year and 10++ updates i am having same issues with PS ... i am slowly getting to used to it :))) brush enlarging lagging zooming lagging 🙂  PF2022 to everyone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please inform us to why you allow this to continulaly happen. We dont want you to appologize and ask all of us professionals if our basic settings and systems are setup correct. Assume that we as professionals know how to do these basic things and lets settle on your software is continually getting worse and worse and offering us solutions to obvious issues is what we need if we are to continue using your software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's simple - lack of competition plus a subscription sales model.
When you have subscription products and you're also a monopolist, you don't need to care about quality. Your only product will be bought anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would appreciate if anyone could check if this improves things for them?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110

I still have to have "Native Canvas" disabled to make the program usable, but presently at least with that disabled I can work.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe is going to fix this? it is getting really annoyng

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 months pass - its not solved. Still lags for a second  just after draging layers.

Its on high end pc - i7-12700k/32gb/2080ti

Shame on you, Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried recreating preferences? Or logging as a new user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting prefs achieved nothing for me - so far the only advice I have is "Disable Native Canvas" if you want to work above 50%. I believe that PS renders 8-bit proxies below 50% zoom, so perhaps the Native Canvas code is b0rked in 16 bit?

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked for me was to revert (AKA "downdate") to Photoshop 2021, i.e. Version 22.5.5.  And that fixed all the problems.

The 2022 version was absolutely unusable, particularly when doing something like refining a mask at 400% magnification and small brushes (e.g. 3 pixels) for painting, erasing, clone stamp, etc.

The only problem I encountered with the downgrade was the it didn't uninstall 2022. I did that manually. But then my Windows 10 file associations all referred to version 2022, so I had to fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will throw my 2 cents worth in. I find Photoshop 23.2.0.277 slower than 22.5.6.749 as well. I keep both versions (and the associated versions of Bridge) installed. Where I first noticed the difference was in printing. With verions 23.2 interaction between Ps and the Canon print driver takes 30 to 40 seconds, or longer. With version 22.5 this is more like 5 to 10 seconds. I have compared with the exact same image file on bother versions. But I can notice it is sluggish in other areas as well. For me, that's enough to saty with version 22.5 for now.

Peter

PS I am on Windows 10, and I do not have a GSync monitor, but I do have an NVIDIA graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines