• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to upload Custom Color Rendering profile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been attmpting to upload a Custom Color Rendering Profile for Infrared photography.  I have a DNG Camera Raw Profile file from a trusted source and have followed the instructions to add it to camera profiles in a Mac OS system, yet Photoshop and Light room will not accept them.  I get an error message in PS which reads "...PS does not recognize this type of file.   Any thoughts?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload this profile for further testing? Seems it's not following Adobe standards based on that error but it would be useful to test and examine. 

How and where did the profile get installed, how can PS provide that error if the profile wasn't first installed and selected in ACR or LR? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Posting it here would help, but many of us may be reticent about downloading an unknown file. 

There are all sorts of uses of the same word "profile" for lots of different things in the computer imaging world. It can sometimes refer to a group of settings saved as a file containing them all, I'd prefer to call that a "preset" - then there's the one we use mostly, an ICC profile

I wonder if what you have a type of 'profile' particularly for Camera Raw [a settings file] rather than the "normal" ICC profile format?

Were the instructions you mention from the profile maker - the originator? Or are you perhaps following web instructions and trying to install it as an ICC profile? 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines