• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File > Export > Render Video -- removed from photoshop 23.2.2?

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop 23.2.2

MacOS Monterey 12.3

Mac Air 2001 M1

I'm trying to make a video from 60 time-lapse files. I haven't done this in who knows how many versions. The last time I made a video, the export step was File>Export>Render Video. However, Render Video is missing. Not just grayed out, totally missing from the submenu. I had to use File>Export>Export As>Gif. iMovie can't import Gifs.

A blurb at the top of webpage Save and export video and animations reads "Photoshop’s 3D features will be removed in future updates."  So -- am I wrong to infer that Rendering Video is to be/has been removed also?

Is ther a way around this limitation, aside from downloading an older version of Ps, or using third-party tools?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Hello,  Rosetta is not needed anymore if you update to Ps 23.4, as videos now work in the native mode: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-3.html#other-enhancements

Go to the CC app, and update Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, c.pfaffenbichler, that seems to explain it. In the back of my mind, I wondered if M1 machines were different. To recap,

Features not available in the native mode

Import, Export, and playback of embedded video layers

M1 native known issues

Issue: Convert to Video Timeline option missing

Workaround: Open Photoshop using Rosetta. To learn more about Rosetta, see About Rosetta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to being able to Render Video when running Ps under Rosetta, I gained back enough RAM (like, 0.5GB) to get out of the red zone in Activity Monitor>Memory>Memory Pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  Rosetta is not needed anymore if you update to Ps 23.4, as videos now work in the native mode: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-3.html#other-enhancements

Go to the CC app, and update Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful news, thanks for the post. I'm at 23.3.2; the 23.4 update is not available for me in CC. As I type this, "my" Adobe server must not have been updated yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is a critical issue, 23.4 had to be pulled from the servers.

Check back this forum, once an update is available, there's always an announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is the last Photoshop version where the "export as video" function worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever version was before 23.2.2.

23.2.1...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On an M1 computer? Only of you ran with Rosetta. Now it is native.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for post.

ATZ Sales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines