Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Info Autocomplete question.

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Quick question about autocomplete in File Info. I need some help.

I'm upgrading from Photoshop 2020 to Photoshop 2022 since my company upgraded me to a new MacBook M1 laptop.

When I call up File Info on the new M1 laptop running PS 2022 and tab down into the Description field, I can call up autocomplete by beginning to type. But now when the dropdown tab appears beneath the Description field with previous captions, I can't go down with the arrow key into that list past the first entry. It just stops there and the subsequent captions disappear. It looks like the cursor just goes to the end of the text in the Description field. 

On my old touchbar laptop running PS 2020, the down arrow would take me down into that list of previous captions where I could continue to scroll down with the arrow until I found an appropriate caption I could select with the Return key. To be clear, the list of previous captions shows up on both laptops and both versions of PS, I just can't access them on the new M1 laptop with PS 2022.

I've set all PS preferences and keyboard shortcuts to the same settings on both machines and all system preferences for keyboard and accessibility as well. But I still cannot get it to function the way it used to on the touchbar laptop. 

I use this feature quite a bit as I have to caption and send sometimes dozens of photos in a short amount of time since I'm a photojournalist on tight deadlines. And yes, it does cut into my productivity a bit, so I'm trying to resolve this. (I use PhotoMechanic to do boilerplate caption info, but PS for the specifics of each photo and final touchup, BTW) 

Did this functionality change in change between PS 2020 and 2022? I know autocomplete disappeared for a while and that was why I avoided upgrading past CS6 for a few years. But hoping you all might have some advice. 

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop is 2023 (24.2), I suggest you upgrade to this version.

I'm using a MacBook Pro M1 also, and as far as I can see, I'm not having the issues with File Info that you seem to be having though to be fair, I don't use the Description field in the way you do (but I do see my previous descriptions listed on mine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Derek. I'll upgrade once my company makes it available. Yeah, it is a bit of a specialized usage, but thought I'd throw it out there to the experts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines