• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File is opening very small (zoomed out) after resetting preferences..

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a crazy bug some years ago but hasnt been an issue for awhile... after resteting preferences now all my psd docs open as a miniscule file and the zoom in/out is all whacky and somehow constrained to the window.. again just like some time ago.. I dont see the resolution on any posts

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

I guess I answered my own question... I turned off "Enable Floating Document Window Docking" and that did the trick.. why they set that as a preset boggles the mind. I recommend turning off "Open Documents as Tabs" for most people as well

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I answered my own question... I turned off "Enable Floating Document Window Docking" and that did the trick.. why they set that as a preset boggles the mind. I recommend turning off "Open Documents as Tabs" for most people as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that your preferences are back as you like them, and working, back them up so next time, if you need to reset, you can just replace with the (good) preferences you prefer. 

Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder:

MacOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not working now.. it worked only once immediately after I turned off "Enable Floating Document Window Docking" but now has reverted back to that behaviour after restart with that preference still turned off???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, now it's working again.. I had a lull in my internet service simultaneous to it not responding to the preference change.. very strange... internet is back and disabled preference is in effect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not exactly.. in my case all the files opened up the same miniscule size not relative to resolution. As it turns out it was temporarily resolved by unchecking "Enable Floating Document Window Docking" in Prefernces but has been reverting back to that same problem for no reason with that preference unchecked.. I'm getting messages I'm not connecting to Adobe servers and the bug seems to correlate to that, but maybe not.. very strange.. the files open normal size sometimes and sometimes opens as a miniscule dot in the top left corner of workspace while that preference is off... hmmm :(.. this all started after resetting preferences.. I reinstalled the Creative Cload app.. everything seems ok... for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines