• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Not Compatible with this version of Photoshop - What can I do?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My boss sent me a psd file he's been working on before leaving for vacation, and now I need to make some changes. When I try to open the file I get the "File Not Compatible with this version of Photoshop" error message, with no further details, so I don't know in what way it's incompatible. I updated to the most recent version of Photoshop, but that didn't help. I'm seeing in some other threads people solving this by using other software to repair corruption, but I can't download any non-Adobe software without IT, because my work laptop doesn't allow me admin access, and it'll take at least a few days for IT to approve this.

What else can I do to open my file?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @carif32859200 If you want to send me the PSD file, I'll see if I can open it and resave it, so you can as well. It's possible it may be corrupted and I'll check that for you, too. You can send me a private message with a dropbox or other cloud link to transfer the file. Hope that's helpful for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the same happened with my fine with the 'file not compatible with Photoshop version' could you help me as well? though I cannot download it since I saved it on the cloud and I really do not wish to delete it I last opened it 4h ago (from when I posted this message) could chu help me somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tairuki Evely24825468rgkq Can you give us some more information? You have a PSD file saved on the cloud, and you were able to open it 4 hours ago. Now, you are trying to open it again, and you get the notice it's not compatible? What version of Photoshop are you using, and what is your operating system?

Are you able to see your document when you are logged in with your Adobe ID here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents. If so, can you select the image and rename, move or copy it successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines