• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files appearance, when opened

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to Monterey OS X, and I'm using the last update of photoshop, although it looks like there is a still newer, one that just came out. When I open a file, it has big blocks of white in it along with blocks of the image, and it stays that way until I option click on the background layer. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Works fine here:

1. Copy something to Mac clipboard. 
  2. Select Text Tool (type T key).
  3. Click inside the document on (in this example) the background layer. 

Paste is accessible. 

text.png

I have no idea what you're doing. But the above works. 

IF you do not have step 2 above, yes, Paste IS grayed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the Preferences (Performance tab). In Photoshop also go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)" - Restart Photoshop. Any better?

You can try this too: in Preferences>Technology Previews, check the box 'Deactivate Native Canvas' and uncheck 'Enable Native Canvas Rulers' options, then restart Photoshop. Does this work?

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted. If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Disable third-party graphics accelerators. Third-party GPU overclocking utilities and haxies aren't supported.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your comments, since I posted, my computer updated to the photo shop 4.1 and the problem seems to have gone away. However, a new problem has emerged which is I cannot copy and paste well to be more precise I can copy, but cannot paste into a different file or document, I read something that said a solution was to toggle on and off your numeric lock, but I don't have a numeric lock key.  Any thoughts on this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy what, pasting where?

Not sure about this: photo shop 4.1?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was copying a block of text into another file in Photoshop. For as long as I've been using Photoshop, it's a matter of edit copy and paste. Now paste is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/add-edit-text.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. I'm well aware of how to copy and paste in Photoshop, the point being it has stopped working since upgrading. Thank you though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine here:

1. Copy something to Mac clipboard. 
  2. Select Text Tool (type T key).
  3. Click inside the document on (in this example) the background layer. 

Paste is accessible. 

text.png

I have no idea what you're doing. But the above works. 

IF you do not have step 2 above, yes, Paste IS grayed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines