• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not opening in photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. So I have been using Photoshop on my computer for two or three years now on this current computer. However, today when I was trying to open a photoshop file, the loading mouse would show up, but it wouldn't leave the photoshop home screen; the file didn't open. No matter what approach I took to opening the file in photoshop, it would show a loading mouse and then nothing would happen. I have restarted the app, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I have updated it in Adobe Creative Cloud app, I have updated all of my GPU drivers. I am not sure what to do. Any ideas or experienced users out there who have encountered this issue before? Thanks.

For clarity, I'm using Windows 10 PC with intel i7 cpu, 64 gb of ram, >3TB storage, Nvidia GTX 1660 Super Graphics Card, Asrock gaming motherboard. So I don't think it's a compatibility or spec issue; especially considering I've been using photoshop on here for a few years.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue I can not open any files or create any files after latest update. Anyone know what we can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! So sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Have you tried uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" in your Preferences? Preferences>Performance> uncheck the box and then restart Photoshop. If it works upon opening the program again, then your Graphics Processor Card is the culprit. If it still doesn't work, then you can turn Graphics Processor back on.

I noticed up above that you said you updated your GPU driver, but did you check to make sure it was compatible? Here is a help doc that might be helpful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

And one other thing--have you tried resetting your preference? Here is information that will help walk you through the process:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if either of these helped, or if you are still having the issue.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines