• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files opened in PhotoShop 22.4.3 (Mac) flicker and can't be worked on

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- since my automated upgrade to 22.4.3 yesterday, images I open in the main PhotoShop window do not initially appear, and then appear and disappear randomly. Clicking on them when they are visible makes them disappear, so I can't edit them in any way. I thought the problem was located in one particular image (which I opened as a pdf, but then tried saving as either a .psd or .tif file to see if the flickering stopped -- it didn't), but I have since discovered that it's endemic.

I tried restarting my computer in case something in my system was misbehaving, but it made no difference. Also, when I place the same image in InDesign it behaves perfectly stably. So it looks like the problem is a) PhotoShop, and b) related to the latest upgrade (I was doing a lot of image processing in PhotoShop earlier this week prior to the update, and there wasn't the hint of any problem).

Help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the issues while opening your files. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processors from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines