• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files won't open in new Version, flickering images, then black, HELP!

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the recent update 24.3.0, I can't open any files in Photoshop anymore. When trying to open a file, the image window opens, flickers extremely fast from black to white and then stays black. No image to be seen. I can't work anymore, help!

Windows 10 Home

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz

64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

@RoarkyGer enable this option in preferences and restart Photoshop

2023-03-22 14_19_38-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RoarkyGer enable this option in preferences and restart Photoshop

2023-03-22 14_19_38-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Fix worked. 

At first I thought I was having a seizure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks thanks thanks:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx, that did it. Made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue, this fix worked.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Fix worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fix; it worked!

Work environment:

Windows 11

PS 2023

JPG image file flashing would not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this fixed this problem, but I think it is something that has to be addressed with an upgrade since not all users are going to find this solution - and should not have to. This is a first time that a file won't open in PS in over 20 years that I have had this nice program. Hopefully this will not repeat itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Svanur Sigurbjornsson,

Upgrades are always a mixed bag of tricks.  It comes under the heading of unknown surprises. Everyone's system is different.  Adobe can't predict what will & won't work for everyone. 😉

There's no hard & fast rule that says you must update every time a new version's released.  If you're receiving automatic updates, you can turn that off from Preferences in Creative Cloud Desktop App. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I saw this thread. Thanks for solving that. I was beginning to panic.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an awful bug and ive spent a LOT of time to find this solution This should have been fixed via a upgrade ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. 

I don't have onle some rudimentary knowledge of software building so it was just a suggestion - a wild guess. I felt that this happened after an upgrade and was perhaps a mistake by Adobe since upgrades should hardly prevent userst from opening files. Of course I don't need to upgrade but it is essentially the reason I subscribe to Adobe Creative Suite, so it woult beat that purpose if I suddenly decided not to and still pay the price for it. Sorry, but I find this "solution" an antithesis. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote Of course I don't need to upgrade but it is essentially the reason I subscribe to Adobe Creative Suite, so it woult beat that purpose if I suddenly decided not to and still pay the price for it. Sorry, but I find this "solution" an antithesis. 

By @Svanur Sigurbjornsson

===========

Suit yourself. 

I don't have problems because I upgrade when I decide to, not when some artificial intelligence forces me to. That's the difference between product users.  Some people lead, others follow.   Do whatever works best for you.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines