Fill Bucket with Contiguous on laves small unfilled line area.

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to understand why the fill bucket leaves a small line of unfilled area when I use Contiguous.  Here is an example.  I start with a blank canvas.  Half way down I take a hard round brush and paint a thick line across the canvas from side to side.  Now I take the fill bucket, and the Opacity to 100 percent, Tolorance at 100 percent, and Contiguous checked.  I fill the area below the thick line with the same dark color.  But it leaves a small thin line of unfilled area between the thick line drawn with the paint brush and the filled area.  I then have to go and paint in the unfilled line.  Can someone explain why this happens.  I have tried setting tolorance to 1 or 100 and the results is the same.  Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even thought the Hard Round brush has a hardness of 100%, it's still anti-aliased. The anti-aliasing is there to smooth out the edge. If you'd like to draw a line with no semi-transparent pixels, use the Pencil tool instead of the Brush tool.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines