• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill, script, random fill, does not work on any version of PS.

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a random fill of some flowers using Fill>Pattern>Script>Random Fill. Once I click okay it shows a white preview box, then doesn't workScreenshot 2022-12-31 171534.png. Density is all the way up, opacity all the way up, etc. I've tried 4 versions going back of PS and I've reset all of my settings. I'm at a loss here. I can't find anything online regarding this issue either. Attached is an image of what comes up.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Martin24395871nsu6 sorry to hear this.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hard to tell without seeing what pattern was selected before the Random Fill dialog is presented. It's possible your pattern is all white or the scaling is to much. Try using a different Pattern preset and reduce the minimum and maximum scale factor down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines