• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filling in a photo with more objects found in the photo (strawberries!)

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completely NEW to photoshop.....a dummy! I am simply eating  to extend strawberries on a photo to further cover an area……..is layering what I need to be studying? What about the lasso?

I am in hopes what might take another person 5 minutes to do........might not take me hours.   Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can try cloning or to try new beta features: select area then type what you want Photoshop to generate or create for you. That feature is called, I think, Generate Fill and available only in beta version for now. You can download and install beta version using Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need our @D Fosse Dag to tewll us what is going on with the colour space of this image, because strawberries don't look like that.  It was not especially complicated adding all the new strawberries, but each one is it's own layer, so the hard part is knowing where you.

You start with a decent image of a strawberry of a reasonable size, and use Remove Background.

Orrientate it with the pointy end facing up, and make the layer a Smart Object.

Then you need to select the front rim. The pen tool is best, but Quick select will work.  Copy the selection to a new layer (Ctrl J).  This will be your uppermost layer (or there abouts) so you can hide the lower part of the strawberries behind it.

Place your fisrt strawberry nearest baby's tum. size and rotate it a bit.

Dopuble click to open layer styles, and add a subtle drop shadow.  This gives each strawberry depth against the ones behind it.

Copy the strawberry layer.  The trick is to have the Move tool selected, and hold down Ctrl (Cmd) while you click above the object you want to move, which automatically selects it.

Move, rotate, resize etc.  Remembering that perspective makes the nearest strawberries larger.

Yo'll need to arrange the layer order, and it won't always work out, so you need to move some layers up or down the stack with Ctrl [ (up) and Ctrl ] (down)

With areas like the hand, you do the same as the rim. Copy the fingers with Quick Select tool (W) and copy them to the top of the stack.  You can then place your new object behind the fingers.

And that's mostly how compositing works.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis 

I think the color is passable. We all want our strawberries a nice glowing red, don't we?

The reason it looks odd is that the lighting directions are all wrong. The main image and the boy is neutral overcast sky, mainly from the left-ish. But the strawberries! Strong sidelight from the right, reflected off a wall to the left. They almost look backlit.

And of course, it doesn't help that it's all one and the same. At least vary the sizes. But most importantly - the lighting. Get another strawberry shot under similar light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines