Filter Gallery - Erroneous Results in Version 23.0.1

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running Photoshop 23.0.1 on a Windows 10 platform.

When I apply the Filter Gallery to a photo, specifically the Artistic filters, I get a weird result with most of the background being black. This is the case irrespective of which artistic filter I apply. I downloaded version 22.5.3 again and carried out the same process with the same photo and got a 'normal' result. Interestingly, when I saved the PSD file from Version 22.5.3 (with the 'normal'result) and reopended the file in Version 23.0.1, the result looked 'normal'. I have not tried this with other filters from the gallery so cannot say whether this is a problem with all filters.

I attach screenshots of the two versions for information.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021
In 23.0.1 you have two filters applied: 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 23.0.1 you have two filters applied: 

JeffreyTranberry_0-1637627262418.png

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your response.

I have re-checked this following your comment and I am extremely embarrassed to say that you are correct! I don't now how I managed to do this but so sorry for wasting your time. It seems the filter works correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines