• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

filter gallery issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys, complete beginner having issues with the filter gallery. Torn Edges filter used to give a black and white result, suddenly the result is beige and white. changing the colour of the image beforehand ended in the same result. any ideas? thank you (Y)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

The filter uses the Foreground and Background swatches (Tools panel). With the Filter Gallery closed, use the keyboard shortcut "D" to reset the swatches to the defaults of B&W. (There is also an icon just above the Foreground swatch.) Then try your filter again.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

The filter uses the current foreground color for the effect. If you press 'D' first, to set the colors to the default black and white, it should give what you're used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filter uses the Foreground and Background swatches (Tools panel). With the Filter Gallery closed, use the keyboard shortcut "D" to reset the swatches to the defaults of B&W. (There is also an icon just above the Foreground swatch.) Then try your filter again.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

immediate fix thank you so much I never would have figured that out haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @defaultytptr4zplnwp , happy to help!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, maybe you can help me... I have a similar issue: the filter gallery is only applied with the Foreground swatch, not with the original colors of the image (I have tried with different images)... and that is what I need! What can I do? thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filter uses the current foreground color for the effect. If you press 'D' first, to set the colors to the default black and white, it should give what you're used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved it straight away thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines