Filter > 3D > Normal Map not showing adjustments in Real Time anymore...

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what Ecosystem means, but I couldn't find a forum just for regular photoshop. I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum.

I'm currently using Photoshop version 23.2.1 on Windows 1o. 

Previously when using Filter > 3D > Normal Map you could see the adjustments you were making in real-time. Which is a necessity. 

Now this is not longer so. I cannot see the changes until I commit to clicking the Done button. Then if my changes are incorrect, I have to start over. This is not acceptable (in my opinion anyway).

I know this was an issue in the past, and could be fixed by choosing Preferences >Performances and check "Legacy Compositing". However, this option is not available in my current version of Photoshop.

Please can anyone tell me how to regain real-time view for changes. I really hoping Adobe doesn't find this acceptable to do away with.

I appreciate your help. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Legacy Compositing has been removed in version 22:

As per Photoshop 3D known issues, could you please try Deactivate Native Canvas under Preferences > Technology Previews and see if that fixes it?

Also, note that the 3D features are slowly getting phased out of Photoshop.

Kind regards,

Maurice

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines