• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter Lighting effects not working right

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new update, when I go to filter and lighting effects, you no longer see any options to move or change the lighting direction or size for the point lights. WHat happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

GPU functions are changing in Photoshop. Driven by OpenGL being deprecated in operating systems (or removed in the case of MacOS), Adobe are rewriting GPU graphics function to use the more modern Direct X and Metal. That is good for us in the long term but a massive undertaking for Adobe as it means rewriting the functionality at the very core of Photoshop.

3d and Render Lighting Effects, which is based on the same 3D engine, still use the Open GL GPU functions. So to use them you will need to g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Please see the Adobe article here for an update on 3D functions, which includes Lighting effects as in its current form that uses the 3D engine:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

As customers ourselves (this forum is answered by volunteer Photoshop users) there is nothing we can add to that, or do to change that decision.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old issue but still very much there.  Agian we get into the issue of being forced into paying for another subscrition to get simple things like a Normal Map or lighting effects.  Adobe NEEDS to stop being so damned greedy and take a close and serious look at what their loyal customers are saying.  And I am  still on 22.2  and will be until they break that too.  After that, perhaps it is time to look elsewhere, such a shame as I have been with Photoshop since it first came out.  Loyal I am but stupid I am not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue found this in another feed here on the adobe support community. This fixed my issue for me.

Make sure you have the "Deactivate Native Cavas" is check marked under your preferences > Technology Previews

then restart PS.

My Version is 23.0.1

Also double check your Graphics Processer compatibility Check under the help menu

Picture Attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not fix anything for me sorry to say, the only fix I can use is to stop upgrading, roll back to 22.2 and us it till they take that away too..  so in truth I am paying monthly for something I cannot use a current version of.  Intellectualy that makes no sense to me,  but having been with photoshop since it came out, I really do not want to look for maybe find, and learn a whole new program when in fact if Adobe was paying any sort of attention to these posts, they would clearly see how many folks are quite peeved with them these days..  But then I suppose if there are still folks willing to pay they will make their money and we don't really matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines