23.0.1 version of Photoshop; MacOS Big Sur 11.5.1 (M1)
I am trying to perform an offset of this artwork in equal portions to produce a pattern. I am using Filter > Other > Offset and the amounts I enter here are half of my width and height in pixels. It is leaving a gap/seam in the middle which is not workable.
I have searched in this forum for answers and tried the following things :
- cropped the image with Delete Cropped Pixels checked to on
- select > all > image > trim (in an attempt to delete transparent pixels)
- reset the crop tool (right click reset)
- reset photoshop preferences upon quit
- opened a new document and tried it in there.
As you can see in the image the black background is visible and should not be if Offset is working.
I also have only just managed to make the cropped size match the image size, which i thought was causing the problem.