Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter/reder/tree still gets me the magenta bug on a mac M1

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I switched my old iMac to a mac mini M1 a couple month ago. Then, updated to the lastest version of photoshop.
Before you ask, Macos is up to date, as is photoshop (11.5.2 and 22.5.0)

After last update, I had a tweet exchange about this problem, that you can find here

https://twitter.com/MonsieurNab/status/1428042963435806722

Problem is : I sometimes use the tree filter, they have a "cartoonish" feel that fits well with my way of treating 3D models. Anyways, since switching on M1 and updating everything, the tree filter is broken. When I open it, I get a weird tree shape on a magenta background, and if I press ok, I get this patchwork of a tree.

E9Fs_H8XEAQFUgR.pngE9Fs_IEXoAImpFq.png

I already re-installed photoshop, cheched the installation path for non-latin ascii characters, and turned off/and on "deactivate native canvas"

Weird thing is, this bug is listed in the Rosetta part of the known bugs, but I'm not runing photoshop through rosetta, I'm runing the native version.

Any idea about it ?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

FYI, new version (photoshop 23) solved the issue.

it's now resolved, I can plant fake trees in my collages.

Thanks all !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a lot of changes in the graphics of v22. Even under my old mid 2012 Intel MBP, Trees is not working correctly. Under Photoshop 2020 (v21) it is normal.

So it might be worth it to download 2020 and see how it looks. Hopefully it runs under Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum, for now, I'm using an old PC that I have around on Ps 2019 (won't run anything newer, already has difficulties running 2019) whenever I need a tree.

I just checked the CC app, It won't me download anything older than v22 on my mac though.

Capture d’écran 2021-09-09 à 23.57.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, new version (photoshop 23) solved the issue.

it's now resolved, I can plant fake trees in my collages.

Thanks all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines