• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter with the strongest character for color photos in an otherwise black and white publication?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking about Zeiss or Leica "muted" effect.

Or something "cold". 

Because my publication will be black, white and red, so somehting cold perhaps would contrast with it.

Can anyone recommend an artistic / professional LUT / effect / preset / color grading (or sources of such outstanding effects) that would look awesome for an artistic or/and creative nonfiction publication?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that the photos are usually too warm and overwhelming in colors, when printed in an otherwise black and white publication.

Some cinematic filter in the colder range would also do it perhaps.

I want to use the same filter for all my photos in the future for my magazine, so I am looking for something with an outstanding character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that these effects also have a name just like colors have a code name, so maybe someone could suggest some keyword?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a publication is in full color, then the normal colors of photos look good, but in a publication in that only photos are in color, but otherwise it's all black and white, I assume some color grading is needed that makes the color photos look good in the black and white environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines