• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX for White Color in Yellow Photoshop Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I have tries a lot of ways to fix the yellow photoshop issue in Windows 11. Now I found the issue by trial and error!

Here is the Fix:
1. Make sure that Photoshop is closed.

2. Go to: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

3. Here you can see all your color profiles. Find the color profile that matched your monitor and delete it. Mine is VX3276-QHD.icm

4. Open Photoshop, then you should notice that the white (ffffff) should now be a real white. 

Please comment if this fixes your yellow photoshop issue on windows 11 to also help the others.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colour management in Windows 11 is broken. You have NOT fixed the issue but hidden it by disabling the monitor profile. Unfortunately that action now guarantees inaccurate colour (although that inaccuracy is probably closer than the broken colour management in Windows 11).

The real answer is reverting to Windows 10 until Microsoft release the fix they are testing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually a different issue. That's a broken/defective monitor profile (in this case from Viewsonic), and deleting it substitutes the Windows default, which is sRGB IEC61966-2.1. The proper fix in this case is to use a calibrator to make a new custom profile (but using sRGB can work as a temporary solution).

What's discussed in this thread is a bug in Windows 11 that prevents applications from reading any monitor profile. Microsoft is aware of it and a fix is in the pipeline.

EDIT cross-post. As Dave says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My monitor is also a Viewsonic, when I deleted the color profile, it defaulted similar to yours, the sRGB IEC61966-2.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop call for display profile on Windows 11

have a. look here for background into on the issue (more about the forthcoming fix below) 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/color-management-not-working-with-pho...

yamma_ma

Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2021

There are several Win32 API functions to get monitor profiles, but among them, the GetICMProfile and EnumICMProfiles functions have a problem that does not work properly on Windows 11.

Photoshop seems to be using GetICMProfile in the Adobe Color Engine DLL. I guess that's why Photoshop can't get the correct profile of the monitor.

I am not sure about Capture One, but Affinity Photo uses the WcsGetDefaultColorProfile function, which works fine in Windows 11.

One tip that seems to help some users is to make sure HDR is off in Windows 11 to use your calibration settings.

Microsoft confirms another Windows 11 issue, promises fix in a future release

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/12/26/microsoft-confirms-another-windows-11-issue-promises-fix-in...

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of this is Greek to me.  All I know is that I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and when I calibrated my monitor with the i1studio (color munki display) there was an error displaying the before and after image.  Is that caused by the Windows 11 issue?  There is a notification on the Calibrite site (the new company, x-rite doesn't exist anylonger)

"Currently, all ColorChecker profiling applications can create camera, monitor, projector and printer profiles with the pre-release versions of Window 11. However, on some computer hardware configurations, we have seen technical issues when using the before and after profile comparisons and display QA. These issues are currently under investigation.
We do not anticipate any further problems with the final version of the Windows 11 operating system but can’t guarantee this until the full release is available from Microsoft."

I have seen that othere users have issues with Photoshop after reverting to Windows 10.  Would anyone know of best practices to avoid issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Windows 11 issue results in incorrect on screen colours in some colour managed applications. This is due to an error in the operating system functions called by those applications.  The only real fix is to use Windows 10 until Microsoft release the fix to their Windows 11 operating system. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I was afraid of that!  How does one know when the correction is made?  Is there a particular page I should follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. This post made me think about the compatibility of my monitors....a couple of entry level Acer 24"....I'm having to operate in a temporary situation for a couple of months so I only bought cheapies. I checked and they're supposed to be Win 11 compatible drivers so I downloaded the drivers and bingo, all is fixed. Why they weren't automatically updating with the new Dell XPS 17 9710 support software I don't know.

Thank you Adobe Forum....awesome response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I don't think updating monitor screen drivers CAN fiix the issue between Photoshop and W11.

More below:

Photoshop call for display profile on Windows 11, the background and info about an forthcoming fix

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/color-management-not-working-with-pho...

yamma_ma

Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2021

There are several Win32 API functions to get monitor profiles, but among them, the GetICMProfile and EnumICMProfiles functions have a problem that does not work properly on Windows 11.

Photoshop seems to be using GetICMProfile in the Adobe Color Engine DLL. I guess that's why Photoshop can't get the correct profile of the monitor.

I am not sure about Capture One, but Affinity Photo uses the WcsGetDefaultColorProfile function, which works fine in Windows 11.

One tip that seems to help some users is to make sure HDR is off in Windows 11 to use your calibration settings.

News of a fix: Microsoft confirms another Windows 11 issue, promises fix in a future release

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/12/26/microsoft-confirms-another-windows-11-issue-promises-fix-in...

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines