• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Brushes missing on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Photoshop on-my iPad Pro today and when I tried to change my brush or eraser shape it said that there were no brushes available other than the ones I had selected. This is really weird because I hadnot uploadedany brushesto Photoshop, so it should let me use the preset default brushes but it wouldn't show them for some reason. I have attached some screenshots so that you can see what I'm talking about. This has never happened to me before and it seemed like it just came out of the blue as I haven't changed any settings recently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Hi Krystallelex and others who aren't seeing any brushes, 

Sorry about the scare with this behavior. It seems that an uninstall and reinstall will return the default brushes.

For help with this, see Known Issues.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop on the iPad 2.0.2 which includes the fix for this issue.

To see what all fixed in the release refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-ipad-fixed-issues

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today. I'm trying 7 figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by uninstalling & reinstalling photoshop, so try that šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ! If I do that it will save all my work right ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to try this method to fix mine as well but am scared I'll lose all my work! Can someone help answer plz thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed PS for iPad and then reinstalled it and my brushes returned so I suspect youā€™ll be fine.

domly@me.com
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save your work to adobe cloud, it will still be there when you
reinstall it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to use the brushes in my photoshop op iPad Pro and there are do brushes anymore. Where did they go and how do I get them back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop. My brushes reappeared when I did that, and looking at the comments it worked for a lot of other people to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this is still happening to me. Actually, more frequently now. Every single time I leave Photoshop on my iPad and I go back into it, all my brushes are gone including the defaults. I don't understand why it keeps happening! Does anybody have any ideas besides the ones I already can see posted here. I know installing/uninstalling can resolve it sometimes but that seems a little unrealistic, because at this point I would have to do that every single time I go to use go to use Photoshop...... and I am continuously going in and out of Photoshop all day. Not to mention the fact that all of my brushes are gone everytime, not just the default ones. The default ones are easy to put back but having to re-download all of my personal brushes and paid for brushes from my files is very time consuming. Any help would be splendid!

Thank you so much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of about 7:00 today all my brushes are missing from my Photoshop app, and I can't seem to get them to sync and reappear. They are fine on my desktop, but I need to use my Apple Pencil. They were all working fine on the app earlier in the day. Now when I click brushes the following message appears in the brushes (and eraser) panel: "No brushes available - Brush sync may be in progress", and this has been going on far too long for it to just be a brush sync update.

Per a conversation on Twitter with AdobeCare I've rebooted my computer, signed out of Creative Cloud, signed back in, and repeated the same process on my iPad but unfortunately the problem persists. Can anyone assist in recovering my brushes on the iOS app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem just this evening. I have tried all the above suggestions and still no brushes. Was working fine earlier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted the app and reinstalled it and it appears to be working now. I hate deleting apps and was hesitant to do so...I don't trust the backup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked for me too.  Weird that we had to do that though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help. I'm using Pshop on my iPad pro (I also have it installed on my iMac. Previously when using pshop on my iPad the various brush options were availble to me. However now they are no. I have only one brush to chose from and a message saying Brush sync ma be in progress (this has been a for the last six hours. Any advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop for iPad, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS for Mobile.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me the link to that please as I don't know how to find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Paula5FFE ,

Here's the link for Photoshop for Mobile:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-for-mobile/bd-p/Photoshop-for-Mobile

In addition, to find the correct forum faster, you can go to 

https://community.adobe.com/ and either

• change the Sort Order to Alphabetical
    or
  • Filter to Photography

3E6AB97B-AF89-4FB9-87F4-3E14326154E8.jpeg

And if you click the Bell icon in the upper right, you will see all responses to your posts. I hope this helps!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paula5FFE 

Paula, I just read through some of the posts here and it's not just you. One person reported the uninstall/reinstall fixed it, but read through the posts from today to see if they help.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krystallelex and others who aren't seeing any brushes, 

Sorry about the scare with this behavior. It seems that an uninstall and reinstall will return the default brushes.

For help with this, see Known Issues.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete - no, I was not part of the pre-release program.

Dana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dana, this is interesting.

Are you part of Photoshop desktop's prerelease by chance?

Have you installed brushes to Photoshop desktop (non-prerelease) as well?

Do you actively use your CC Libraries?

Thank you!

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using photoshop on my ipad. There were several brush options available. However, those are all gone and there is a note "no brush available" and "brush sync may be in progress".

I tried deleting&download again, but it doesn't work.

9FB2D3B6-F3C1-4871-B7FA-C91058D5F850.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines