• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 neural filter style transfer not available

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pumped for the style transfer feature in photoshop 2021, but it is the only neural filter that wont work. The download button is unclickable and greyed out and it says the filter is not available.

ndow_0-1603204484487.png

{Moderator Note: Edited thread title, LFP-1846, PS-57169}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

When I restarted for a third time, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Photoshop

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Finally I could install these filters... First I had to set the temporary path (TEMP and TMP) to c:\windows\temp. Second I had to run PS as administrator. Then the download worked.

Then I started PS without admin-rights and the filters were not installed... So I had to change the rights for all of the directories in folder c:\users\....\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\ that I am authorised to access it.

Afterwords the filters worked!! *halleluja*

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 235 Replies 235
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always like to hear good news of an alternate fix.
Yours sounds better than mine but early on I wanted to keep as much stuff
off my NVME as possible.
As it is, Adobe seems to put massive amounts of files into my temp folder.
I use a .bat file to delete it and the ACR folder when I close up
Photoshop or LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this - I reset my Environment Variables from my E: drive back to my C: drive, then set PS scratch disk to my C: drive and I was able to download the filters I wanted.
Thereafter I changed my Environment Variables and the PS scratch disk back to my E: The filters I downloaded still work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works for me thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thrilled to hear it.
I've since made myself a full "administrator" rather than being in the
"group."
Waiting to see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update in case it helps anyone in the same situation: I am having the same issue ("Ths filter is not available" with a grayed out Download button) and have tried all the fixes mentioned in this thread with no success. I just got off the phone with Adobe Enterprise Support, and they say that this is a know issue with Shared Device licenses and they are working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why do I have the issue on my device, I do not have a shared license, and none of the fixes work for me either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks that I found out the solution. To download the neural filters, you have to do it with admin priviliges. So just run Photoshop as Administrator, as the default startup looks like does not open the program in administrative context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I login to my MacBook as an admin with admin priveleges.  Filters still do not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about the way you login. I've always logged in as admin on my computer, as I'm the only user. It's just that additional security layer, which you have to overpass in order to give full privileges to an app, to run what "they" want in order to accomplish the download. I hope Adobe will change that somewhen?! Until then, you'll have to run PS as admin explicitly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how I am logged onto my computer.  I'm the only user, and it is an admin user.  You can't run apps as admin on a Mac like you do on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So it's not a Mac solution then, isn't it? It was the game changer on my late Windows 10 20H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the solutions mentioned here worked for me. Someone here answered Adobe support is aware of the problem but it hasn't been fixed yet. So why has this problem been marked as 'solved'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user who raised the question, was able to resolve it by restarting and therefore marked his/her question as resolved. That is the way the forum works.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Photoshop

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a windwos 10 ltsc and i checked all update. This morning, ı removed creative cloud and all data/plugin etc. and re-installed all programs. But ı didnt solve.

Screenshot_140.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not True! I am on 22.3.0 and they are STILL NOT WORKING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Alex. Maybe one of these will work for you.
1, In my case I moved my tmp and temp files off of the c drive.
putting the temp back on the C made everything work. Used
"environment variables" to move them.
Because adobe dumps so much into the temp folder I moved them back to the D
drive afterwards. Also created a .bat file to delete the temp folder
Plus, no harm !!! If this temp folder move works for you,once the
filters are downloaded and you move the temp folders back where you put
them, you can safely Delete the folder you used on the C drive.

2. Did not work for me but others: Right click on Photoshop and select
run as Administrator Might work for you -- it has for others. Did
NOT work for me though.

3. What originally worked for me:
Created a new user "admin" with admin rights.
Logged on as admin
Opened PS, opened jpg, neurals downloaded just fine.
Logged back on as myself. Located the newly created files from the admin
log on and copied them to my corresponding user folders.
Everything was fine, until Adobe had me reinstall photoshop. That's when
I learned about the tmp folder solution above.
The folder you want is com.adobe.nfp.gallery
It will be located at
C>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>UXP>PluginsStorage>PHSP>22>Internal
I copied that folder and moved it into my user folder after renaming my
folder "oldcom.adobe.nfp.gallery"
Works every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop updates at least through 23.2 do not solve this problem. Users with administrator privs must still run Photoshop as administrator and use neural filters for a session in order for certain neural filters to function. The filters do seem to function as expected in non-administrator mode after that, although I haven't received any updates since doing this so that could change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. The problem hasn't been solved but changed.
You can see here what happens when I click on "download" 
xpnOkre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extra info.
I updated to the latest version.

I tried the trick with the PluginData directory.
I tried running as Admin.

I tried 'turning it off and on again'.

I tried setting Temp to C and Scratch disk too.

Also: I'm not albe to install Marketplace plugins either. Maybe these two are connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some hardcoded junk that needs to be rectified the latest update doesn't fix anything it just adds more buggy weirdness to the neural filters download process by creating a reverse progress of the download ?! I have one of filters reach %80 only to drop to zero. Small neural filter don't even start downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just applied the update to Photoshop 22 on on a Mac Pro 5,1 running OS X Mojave (10.14.6) and, after an initial effort to download, the progress rings run in reverse until they count back down to zero.

I have been using computers for forty years and have never seen anything like that. It's like seeing an odometer run backward. I would have thought it impossible, unless intentionally programmed.

In the interests of full disclosure, my home directory is not on Macintosh HD, where the application is, but on a separate spinning hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a clean install of Big Sur and moved my home from another disk to MacOS - might be a coincidence but now it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after the update Photoshop always crashes when I try to use the neural style filter. It is available, but once I swithc the button Photoshop crashes. See the photos below. Any suggestions?

Stefan5FDF_0-1606375999981.pngStefan5FDF_1-1606376023815.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines