• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Unable to export Save for Web in Photoshop 22.3 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update to Photoshop 22.3.0 today export to Save for Web (Legacy) stopped working. Opens up a error message: The operation could not be completed.

Quick export is working ok. 

Legacy Save for Web error.jpg

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-60637}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image-mode-change it from 32 bit back down to 16 bit. This has been a work around for me a few times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue and it's been driving me insane! I eventually tried changing the settings from loop forever to 8 times and it worked. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pixxxelschubser_0-1617836687126.png

Works for me without problem with PS 22.3.0  Win 10

fuer_Web_speichern_01.png

fuer_Web_speichern_02.png

fuer_Web_speichern.png

By @pixxxelschubser

--> jump to quoted post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 2012 Mac Pro, MacOS 10.14, PS 22.3.0. Started getting the error out of the blue yesterday. Had been exporting fine, and then suddenly it stopped working. Tried all the tricks suggested in other threads to no avail, but was able to get back to work using the Preview workaround. (Hit the "preview" button in the left corner of the Save For Web dialog window and then save the image out of the preview browser.) This added steps, but worked well enough and was worth the hassle to not have to step back a version. Then, today, the problem went away. I was getting the error one minute, and the save was completing as normal the next. Not sure if Adobe did something on their end, or if it just cleared up on its own, but did not even restart PS between not-working and working states. Good luck to everyone else still experiencing the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Photoshop 22.3.0 and the Save for Web feature is completely broken for me. Clicking the "Save for Web (Legacy)" menu item always causes a generic error message saying "The operation could not be completed" to pop up.

Things I've tried that didn't work:
- reinstalling photoshop via the creative cloud app

- resetting the preferences

- rebooting (and doing the above things again for good measure)

- running photoshop with elevated privileges to rule out permission problems

My system info (as generated by photoshop) is attached as a text file.

A solution or a workaround would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the error while using Save for Web. Our product team has acknowledged the issue as a bug & the team is working on a fix for it. Meanwhile, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happening for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! It is working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 22.3.1 and I just started getting this error this morning (I think it updated a week ago).  Before it began happening, I had clicked on reset default preferences as I was having problems finding something on the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I have had the same problem for some months now on both my iMac and Macbook Pro, I regularly update Photoshop and currently using Photoshop 22.3.1 and still having the same issue. My issue is a bit different however because it does work sometimes. Sometimes I have to try to save it multiple times in order for it to save. It seems that the bigger the file, the more prone to running into the error. Wondering how this can be resolved? Would you suggest I go back to Photoshop 21.2.6?

Thanks,

Sissy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.2 seems to be the safer bet.  Since jumping to 22.3.1 photoshop apparently stopped supporting all graphic cards except for I suppose the one the developers are using. I'm rolling back back back to avoid some of these collective issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw someone earlier in this thread that was having the same issue with 22.2 though not sure if there's any difference between Windows vs Mac - but curious what you're operating on? Thanks for the tip nonetheless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Photoshop to 22.3.1 today and experiencing the same issue ( unknown reason not able to export gif ) and so roll back to 22.2 and still having the same issue. I'm using Mac OS version 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there just FYI

Updated to 22.4.0 this morning still getting this error on Save for Web.

Screenshots of error and specs attached... DG

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 9.46.50 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.19.36 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have 22.4.0 and have been getting this message for the last few days when trying to export a gif. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, ok some progress at least for macOS Big Sur, resetting prefernces after updating to 22.4.0 "Save for Web" is working normally.

Reset Photoshop Preferences

1. Quit Photoshop

2. Hold down: Command+Option+Shift while clicking on App icon 

3. click Yes on this screen

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 10.48.13 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip but this didn't work. I still can't save. It's unbelievable that this has been an issue for so many years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've just updated Photoshop's latest version and I am still getting this error for GIFs . What can I do?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.01.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've already tried the provided remedies on these threads and it still doesn't work, then you're out of luck just like a lot of us. Adobe doesn't seem to be concerned with fixing the problem on their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same problem still, I'm on 22.4.2. My photoshop app is pretty stock, I don't have many preferences. All my drivers are up to date. On Windows 10, version 20H2. 

peterspeter_0-1624549830824.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this did nothing. you keep saying update... that isn't the answer. what is the workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm running in the same problem again. March 30 - 2022.
- restart computer

- reinstalled Photoshop latest version

- Mac OS Montery Version 12.0

Still same error
What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a GIF and I keep receiving this message:
"Could not complete this operation. an unknown error has occurred"

I already have the Photohop 22.3.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to export an image for web/legacy, it wont work and I get an error box--the operation could not be completed, no matter what type of file.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines