• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering 'progress' window in Photoshop v.23.2

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making an adjustment such as Levels, Brightness/Contrast, etc. in Photoshop v. 23.2 an annoying flickering window appears. It has a blue top mast and reads 'progress.' This did not occur in previous versions of PS. I am running an up to date version of Windows 10. How can I get rid of this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

@Physiker3 Please update to the latest version of Lumenzia (v10.8.9 currently). I'm not sure which version you're using, but there was a release available for a few days a little while ago that could trigger a brief progress bar on certain versions of Photoshop. You probably have that old release.
https://gregbenzphotography.com/lumenzia-releasenotes

https://gregbenzphotography.com/lumenzia-updates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious if the latest update, 23.2.1, helps with this issue? Can you please let us know once you've had a chance to try it out? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try disabling GPU in preferences and report back if that helps or not.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but the issue is still there in the v 23.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but disabling the GPU that did not help.

Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions,
and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do.-- Wendell Berry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you by chance have Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable Content Credentials (Beta) enabled?

Short of that, let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I do not have Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable Content Credentials (Beta) enabled.

Furthermore, the Windows 10 folder structure that is described to remove the PS Settings folder does not match my Windows system. I am unable to find the current PS Settings folder.

Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions,
and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do.-- Wendell Berry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings if you can't locate the pref's outside of PS.

You might also try a new display profile at least temporarily to see if the flickering stops. If so, we can go into replacing your original.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - Would it be possible to get a screen recording/screen cap of the issue you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a short video of the effect using my phone. Did you receive it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Physiker3 How did you share it? I didn't see anything on this thead or direct message. Did you send it another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a video showing the problem. This usually occurs after PS has been open for a few minutes, or it may be associated with a large file size (around 1 GB). Thanks 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4kidstyvlc2kzm/PS%20flicker.mp4?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've asked the developer Lumenzia to take a look. You probably need to update that panel/plug-in. 

https://gregbenzphotography.com/lumenzia-updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your continued attention to this. Updating Lumenzia solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Physiker3 Please update to the latest version of Lumenzia (v10.8.9 currently). I'm not sure which version you're using, but there was a release available for a few days a little while ago that could trigger a brief progress bar on certain versions of Photoshop. You probably have that old release.
https://gregbenzphotography.com/lumenzia-releasenotes

https://gregbenzphotography.com/lumenzia-updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Greg. This solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Photoshop. After one of the updates earlier this year, I started to see a small box, like a background process, flashing on the screen with each new step I performed. It did not mater if it was one of the tools, adding an adjustment layer, usign a filter, etc. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I was using an AMD Raedon card in my Dell 8920, but am now using an Nvidia 3070 in a new XPS 8940. The same issue happened, so it is independent of the type of graphics card. It does not affect the outcome of the step, but it is annoying. I tried the Disable Native Canvas route but no change. I have tried not using the graphics card in the Performance settings, but no chnage it still flashes. Any thought would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and it was caused by an outdated version of Lumenzia. Try updating to the latest version. (I believe that I saw you have Lumenzia installed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it. I saw a couple of other folks had similar issues and one of Greg's responses so I went looking fo rthe update and installed it. That was the fix needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update I get a window that appears for about a second, saying "progress" on every-single-thing I do in Photoshop.  Anyway to revert to the last STABLE build of this very unstable edition of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem with the latest update to Photoshop 23.2 (Windows 10 Pro 21H1).

I returned to version 23.1.1 and it worked for me.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Tag, seit einiger Zeit habe ich probleme mit Photoshop zum Beispiel ist es total Langsam, manche Funktion werden nicht ausgeführt oder die begrüßungs Seite kommt zum vorschein oder ein anderes Bild was ich offen habe, wärend ich ein Bild bearbeite und das Bild was in Bearbeitung ist wird etwas kleiner darüber abgebildet und an den Rändern sieht man die Bearbeitungsebene und denn hängt sich Photoshop immer auf. Kann mir jemand Helfen? Was ich schon versucht habe: neu Instaliert, ältere Version probiert, anderer Speicherort probiert. Würde mich über jeden Tipp freuen. Mit freundlichen Grüßen Sebastian  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dies hat am Anfang geholfen aber leider ist es wieder aufgetretten 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Lumenzia plug-in/Panel installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines