Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering when zooming using Wacom EK remote

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

All of a sudden zooming using the scroll wheel on the Wacom EK remote makes the canvas flicker while zooming. It works fine in other applications, like Illustrator. Zooming using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts work fine.

I'm running Mac os 12.6 on a Mac Studio.

Photoshop 23.5.1 (appeared while on on 23.5)

Wacom driver: 6.3.46-2

Attached is a video of the problem.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TKirkeberg sorry to hear this.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Initially I reinstalled the Wacom driver and rebooted the computer multiple time without success. I did, however learn that using the mouse and slide the zoom slider under the navigator panel would make the scroll wheel work some times. When that didn't work, holding the short cut for the hand tool while zooming with the remote, would lock the canvas in place and no flickering would occur. I did turn the computer off over night and now it seems to have fixed itself. If the problem comes back I'll try your suggiestion, but at the moment I don't want to rock the boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the problem reoccuring, though now I know what's causing it. The flickering while zooming happens when I've chosen one of the advanced brushes that comes with Photoshop. I've attached a video of how I'm triggering the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines