• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flipping multiple layers, but individually, at once.

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way in Photoshop to flip multiple layers at once, but indivually.

So I created this, let's say, long timeline, but instead of reading it from left to right, it needs to be from right to left. Instead of flipping everything one by one, rearranging etc, I thought about flipping the entire thing at once, then indivually flip everything back. But as this is a long timeline, I don't want to have to flip every indiviual layer one by one, about 100 times. Is there a way, to select all of these layers, and somehow filter it on just flipping them within their own space. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would need Scripting. 

How experienced are you with JavaScript? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, well thats a shame. I don't have any experience with JavaScript, and wouldn't know how to apply it to PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to change the two variables horScale and verScale to -100 and 100. 

And maybe change the last »true« in the line 

layerDuplicateOffsetScaleRotate (theLayers[x][1], 0, 0, horScale, verScale, 0, true)   

to »false« if you don’t want duplicated Layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to adapt the Script? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunataly, I have no idea how to apply it to PS so whats the point of changing a script which I have no idea how to use haha. I suppose I could find a tutorial on how to, change the script, try to run it, if it still doesn't work I do feel like I'd rather have spend all that time flipping the layers invidually. 

Thanks for the suggestion anyways! But I guess there is no quick/easy way to just flip them indivually if youre not a codemaster 😄 I'll definitely look into it someday though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you should pursue this save the code as a txt-file, change the extension to .jsx and copy it into Photoshop’s Presets/Scripts-Folder; after restarting Photoshop it should be available under File > Scripts (and can be assigned a Shortcut or used in an Action). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this thread: 

Edit: The variables horScale and verScale would need to be changed to -100 and 100 respecitvely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines