• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Focus stacking issues

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a complete beginner with Photoshop. I have been trying to focus stack two images together from Lightroom (following adobe's very own instructions by clicking on the two images, edit as layers in Photoshop). However this has proved an impossible task; i have two layers in the bottom right corner with different file names however when i click on each individual image it's just the same image twice! Is there anything i could try to do to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

When you click on a layer in the layers panel it just selects the layer. The preview still shows the combined effect of both layers which at present, with the layer blend mode of the upper layer set to normal and no masks present, is just the upper of the two layers.

To check what is on the lower layer, click on the small eye icon next to the upper layer. That will turn off the visibility of the upper layer and the preview will then show the lower layer. After checking, turn on the visibility of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on a layer in the layers panel it just selects the layer. The preview still shows the combined effect of both layers which at present, with the layer blend mode of the upper layer set to normal and no masks present, is just the upper of the two layers.

To check what is on the lower layer, click on the small eye icon next to the upper layer. That will turn off the visibility of the upper layer and the preview will then show the lower layer. After checking, turn on the visibility of the upper layer again and carry on with your tutorial 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. That definitely gets me a step closer to merging two images.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines