Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Colour Changes from Photoshop to PDF

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My titles in Photoshop are in Black Colour and appear fine. However when exporting to PDF part of the title text becomes white on the edges. I thought maybe a layer may have been covering them slightly but this doesnt prove to be the case. Please see screenshots.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really strange. It's like an odd clipping behavior is happening with the black fill. I think there could be some sort of glitch happening with that script typeface. Have you tested any other fonts to see if the same thing happens?

It might be more of a pain to do this, but I would consider creating this kind of a layout within either Illustrator or InDesign rather than Photoshop. The same background image can be used within a AI or INDD document. Illustrator and InDesign have far better type editing tools than Photoshop. You'll also have more options available when exporting to PDF. Plus, with Illustrator, if the fills were still glitching out in those script text objects those items could be converted to raw outlines. Then they could be joined using Pathfinder tools. That would likely yield a proper, more predictable fill result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your in-depth reply Bobby. I have just tried a different typeface and the issue is resolved. Very strange indeed. I appreciate your guide about using InDesign etc but my knowledge is limited. I'll revert to using a different font. 

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore my comment, it's not applicable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be a poscript issue or something mismatched with the font.

The easiest solution would be to duplicate the layer (hide the original for future edits) then merge the layer and save as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines