• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Filtering Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop filtering is not working. All my fonts are in the list, when I go to script filter it shows nothing. This is so frustrating as I use this all the time. Please help. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

This was suggested in another post:

Navigate toC:\Users\(Your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (version)\Delete the CT Font Cache and Font Feature Cache folders.

Relaunch PS and it will rebuild the font caches.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Wait - you mentioned Font Book. Are you on a Mac?

If so go here:

Macintosh HD:Users:(User Name):Library:Application Support:Adobe:Adobe Photoshop (version):CT Font Cache and FontFeatureCache and remove.

Relaunch PS to rebuild your PS font cache.

If that doesn't work what Mac OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many fonts do you currently have activated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 900 plus on my computer, it used to work where I would filter to decorative and it would list them. Now nothing, I re validated fonts in font book. It lists them all in the all class list but not filtered. Please any solutions would hlp as this is major issue for me using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was suggested in another post:

Navigate toC:\Users\(Your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (version)\Delete the CT Font Cache and Font Feature Cache folders.

Relaunch PS and it will rebuild the font caches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait - you mentioned Font Book. Are you on a Mac?

If so go here:

Macintosh HD:Users:(User Name):Library:Application Support:Adobe:Adobe Photoshop (version):CT Font Cache and FontFeatureCache and remove.

Relaunch PS to rebuild your PS font cache.

If that doesn't work what Mac OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that worked. Thank you very mcuh, you are a life saver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for whatever reason do not have a FONT CACHE FOLDER. After i click adobe, the only folder i have is presets. and within that folder i just have Brushes, shapes, Gradients, and styles 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Roberts, Dalyn5CA4 on a Mac? Hold option key while going to Finder menu GO to show the user library. Sounds like you are in the application folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't have a cache folder when I follow this path. I have "AMT," "AddOnModules," and "PDF." Do you happen to have any other suggestions. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why it still doesn't work for me? I already emptied my trash bin too. Please help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I was looking for answers to this problem and tried going into preferences to find something. I was able to get font filtering working again in Illustrator by going Preferences>File Handling>Fonts>Auto-Activate Adobe Fonts

I expected this to only help with adobe fonts but all fonts started working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working bro.. Thanks a lot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still an issue Adobe. I still every few weeks have to trash cache folders to get it to rebuild. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @adamr43650735 you should invest in a font management program like Extensis Connect instead of the free Mac Font Book. That will help manage these issues intead of you doing it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something similar for Windows? I just got a new machine, and I'm having this issue... Thinking something that organizes my fonts would be wise at this point anyway. I spend far too much time "looking for the right one". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines