Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font not accepted by Photoshop 2022

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I recently download my company's custom font. Photoshop 2022 no longer recognises it even though it's activated in the Font Book. I can use the font in InDesign too. But it just doesn't show up in Photoshop. 

I tried resetting preferences, installing older versions of Photoshop and accessing the font through library files but it hasn't worked so far. 

My Mac was recently updated. Before that Photoshop did recognise these fonts. It's only when I had to download and install everything again that this issue showed up. Please help! 

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Almost certainly you have a Type 1 font. You'll need to get it converted to an OpenType format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I posted it in haste! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost certainly you have a Type 1 font. You'll need to get it converted to an OpenType format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses. It was a Type 1 font and my company has since given me an otf file which is thankfully working in photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thaks,I really appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines