Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salam,

I liked the font, Jazak Allah Khair for directing me to this nice and beautiful Mus-hafi font,

The font was designed to work strictly in MS Word, you may then copy the text from Word and paste it in Photoshop which will show it as a Smart Object layer, or paste it in Illustrator which again will outline the text for you.

As for InDesign, well it appears to handle the font well, however, since I'm not familiar fully with the ancient Arabic font characteristics where dots were differently distributed and all, so I cannot be sure if the font is fully functional or not in InDesign, but to my eyes, it seems that the font works only in InDesign.

Here is an excerpt from the user guide I downloaded from the font website where it states clearly how to use the font in MS. Word, copy and paste it into other applications such as Photoshop, Corel Draw, and Illustrator.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 10.36.14 AM.png

I must reiterate that I liked the font الخط المغربي المبسوط لمؤسسة محمد السادس

جزى الله القائمين عليه خيراً

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding; I installed the older version (PS V 22.0) and work fine. Still not working in (PS V 23.5).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1su1TYYSozAFX81IXL3auC_JT_O-FI3GL/view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the folder by mistake and re-uploaded the Screenshot of the issue I was having with (PS V 23.5).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TzU4SrCo6iv8VbRQ5wrW9xg6gQAjFV9c/view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Type 1 font? You cannot use Type 1 fonts in Photoshop, they must be TrueType or OpenType.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a TrueType font. Photoshop can read it, however, it shows fragmented Arabic words, not connected.

I'm on Mac OS Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines