Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Stays In Myriad Pro

Guide ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I noticed in the past, every time I change my font for example to Time New Roman, the next time I used the Font It selects the last font I used, but now it selects Myriad Pro by default. I never had this Issue. Basically, in the past, the last font I used always stays in my Photoshop default Font, now it goes back to Myriad Pro.

I have Reset The Tools, still same issue

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any document open, select the Font you want plus the size, alignment, colour etc then close and reopen Photoshop. This will be then be new default font etc for new documents, until you choose to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@animationlife 

This is a known issue. The workaround in the interim is to enable placeholder text in Preferences > Type > "Fill new type layers with placeholder text" to preserve the text formatting. The  "Lorem ipsum..." text is selected when you click or drag with the Type tool, so ignore it and just start typing to replace it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Derek.

Ok, I got my Font Back. Thanks. As far as Lorem Ipsum, If I uncheck Fill-new type layers with placeholder text, inside the preferences, the issue starts again. Is there a way to get rid of this Lorem Ipsum, at the same time

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as Lorem Ipsum, If I uncheck Fill-new type layers with placeholder text, inside the preferences, the issue starts again.

By @animationlife

No, not right now, because it's a bug. Watch for the next release and see if you can turn off the placeholder text then. In the interim, keep it on.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines