frame by frame animation - FIRST frame edit

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am creating short frame by frame animations in photoshop.

I do a lot of refining of each frame while the picture evolves.

I have a problem with the FIRST frame. Everytime I move an object or I turn a layer on/ off in the FIRST frame, all these changes  immediately apply in all the following frames.

Then I have to go and adjust everything frame by frame again.

It is a bit annoying and it slows the creative process down.

Has the first frame some precursory settings? How can I turn it off?

Can someone help me with this issue please?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concern and are here to help.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? What type of animation are you trying to do?
Frames are not separate documents. Think of them more as sequenced layer comps, where different layers are made visible in each; that is why you are having this trouble. Can you please try to edit layers rather than frames? You should be able to edit individual layers and then convert them to frames by the option "make frames from layers." Also, hit the 'propagate frame' button on the top of your layers and see if that helps.

Check this article for full details on creating frame animation: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-frame-animations.html.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines