• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to edit/move/transform on several layers at the same time with an active selection

Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that would really be helpful. The ability to select objects inside your lasso tool selection that are on multiple layers. You could select the layers you want and photoshop could move and manipulate the objects inside your selection that are on those layers.Why would this useful. Well at work I have alot of elements composed together to create a single portion of the image. It would great to be able to edit these pieces as a whole without having to flatten the image or dissect each element into its on layer. I know people I work with wanted this ability to and I hope others out there might feel its useful for their work flow as well. Thanks for listening.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
57 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*pablo_conde_8yo7ptwwpcvbk Exactly, Same with Paint tool Sai. Plus the warp tool becomes unusable with multiple layers selected. Why gimp one of your most powerful tools with such a limitation..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shane_zwicker "But if you're drawing a character/person and you've got the color/shading/lighting/detail layers all done but you notice the ear looks off, you've gotta do the transforms on EVERY single layer individually.. " you couldn't have described it better! every day problem. sometimes I open the psd on clipstudio to do that.

come on! photoshop, you have the hability to be THE BEST SOFT, but looks like you work harder in been every version less useful. with stupid tools for noobies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should have the best software.. They're one of the only companies that you can't actually own their software.. Premium pricing should give premium service. I mean it's bad when you consider the condensed costs.. 10 years of renting Photoshop will cost you over a thousand dollars.. That's over 1000$ paid for a program that you STILL don't own..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do: Save the document in .psd, import to Procreate, edited all the layers in one touch and export to photoshop again, yeah.... it's 2021 but i need to do this to draw in photoshop every time also i can't liquify different layers at the same time, so it's gettign the most unusefull program fro draw/paint/design.
Ridicolous. Why they don't add this feature on groups? If you have a group with X layers, when u select and transform or liquify, transform all the layers at the same time??? why not? I don't know. Skynet knows  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now there are problems in Photoshop when more than one layer is selected.

Problem: When more than one layer is selected, Photoshop does not allow you to work with the selected area, does not allow you to fill in several selected layers, does not allow you to move the selected area, on several selected layers, etc
Combining all layers into one smart object partially solves the problem, but does not save the transformation, etc. when converting back to layers.
All this causes problems when processing textures for 3D graphics, because one texture can contain several layers (roughness, normal, metalism, etc.) and the same change is required for the selected area for all selected layers, and not for the entire area.

Solution: I suggest considering adding and improving the work of Photoshop with several selected layers. Adding support for warp transformation when selecting more than one layer. Adding the ability to move and transform the selected area when more than one layer is selected. So that all these changes are processed on all selected layers at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,