Free transform tool just stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing an image in Photoshop.  I have selected a region on a layer and press Ctrl-T, and nothing happens.  When I go to edit menu, all the transform options are greyed out.  I literally used the transform tool just a few minutes ago.

I feel like I am doing something dumb, but I cannot figure out what.

I am using version 23.3.2 20220503.r.458 d8a9c44 x64.  I have a Windows 10 computer with 128GB ram.

Thoughts

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share a screenshot of the Photoshop application window, maybe we will see the issue.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense.  Here it is ...

neilm8506696_0-1655488320907.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @neilm8506696 

It looks like the layer that is selected "Microphone" is transparent (but I'm not 100% positive). Does Ctrl+T work on a layer that has content?

ACE9B58F-F519-4DF0-8B1A-C485522D7394.jpeg

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It kind of looks transparent due to the color (very light gray), but it isn't.  To answer your question, I have a couple layers that have objects, and those allow me to hit ctrl-T.  But none of the other layers allow ctrl-T.  That include layers where I WAS able to use ctrl-T earlier today.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rasterized the two layers that had objects, and now every layer allows me to ctrl-T transform.  I'm guessing that's a bug?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines